J. Michael Traynor
J. Michael Traynor has joined the Dawson Orr firm after serving 18 years as a circuit court judge in St Johns County. Prior to his work on the judicial bench, he spent 20 years practicing civil law in St Augustine, Florida. Judge Traynor has handled a range of complex matters involving criminal, civil, juvenile delinquency, dependency, family and probate. He is known for his commitment to civility in the courtroom, high ethical standards and integrity as a neutral. After almost 40 years of combined legal and judicial experience, he is now practicing as a certified mediator in the 4th, 7th, and 18th circuits of Florida. The counties in which he will mediate include Nassau, Duval, Clay, St Johns, Putnam, Flagler, Volusia, Seminole, and Brevard.
- 20 years of private practice in civil law
- 18 years as a judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit Court in Florida.
- Assigned several different positions as a judge and presided over hundreds of jury and non-jury trials, some including: Florida juvenile delinquency cases, family law cases, and felony criminal cases
Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate Law
- Corporate Law
- Probate Law
- Property Law
- Commercial Law
- Estate Planning Law
- Construction Litigation
- Wills Law
- General Practice
- Business Law
- Trusts Law
- Trial Practice
- Seminary of St. Vincent de Paul, B.A., Philosophy (1970)
- University of Florida, J.D., 1980
Based in Jacksonville, Florida the attorneys at Dawson | Orr draw upon 100 years of combined legal experience to serve clients throughout Florida and across the country.