Jessica Lanifero is a civil litigator with experience handling motor vehicle and premises liability claims, insurance coverage, extra-contractual (“bad-faith”) claims, contractual and construction matters, products liability, and matters involving employment litigation. As a litigator, Jessica has handled and tried multiple cases dealing with bad faith, tender rejection cases, wrongful death, and premises liability.
Jessica is a native of Buffalo, New York and admitted to the Florida Bar and the State Bar of New York. She is licensed to practice in federal and state courts throughout Florida, including the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts of Florida.
Jessica received her Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a minor in Communications from State University of New York at Potsdam. Prior to entering law school Jessica worked for the New York State Assembly for Assemblywoman Sandra Lee Wirth. During her studies at Albany Law School, Jessica was also a member of the Albany Law School Moot Court Team, placing in the national John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition.
Prior to joining The Team, Jessica was an associate working at a boutique personal injury and medical malpractice firm in New York City (2004-2006). Upon transplanting to Jacksonville, Florida she was an attorney with Jacksonville litigation firms: Kubicki Draper, P.A. and Marshall Dennehey Warner Colemen & Goggin from 2007 to 2016, practicing a broad range of complex defense litigation.
Jessica has received recognition as a Florida Rising Star (2015 and 2016). Jessica has been a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association and the Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association. Jessica has lectured at multiple seminars dealing with premises liability and bad-faith litigation.
When not practicing law, Jessica enjoys traveling, kayaking, crossbarre, and enjoying time with her two boys, Jack and Alex and their recently adopted tuxedo cat, Salvador.
New York 2004
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York, 2003, Juris Doctorate
- Albany Law School Moot Court Team- John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition at Seton Hall
- State University of New York at Potsdam, 2000, B.A., Political Science, Communications
- Litigating Slip, Trip and Falls in Florida, April 2015
- Trial Tactics in Florida Premises Liability Cases, Fall 2015
- Litigating Bad Faith Insurance Claims, June 2016
- Navigating the Uncertain Waters of Florida Proposals for Settlement, Defense Digest, December 2015
Based in Jacksonville, Florida the attorneys at Orr | Cook draw upon over 100 years of combined legal experience to serve clients throughout Florida and across the country.