Kevin Cook focuses on business law, both on the transactional side and litigation side. Mr. Cook routinely advises business owners and stakeholders in negotiations, drafting, and due diligence aimed at maximizing value and avoiding litigation. He also has extensive experience litigating contract claims and business tort disputes throughout the state and federal courts of Florida, including claims based on letters of intent, due diligence failures, earnout disputes, indemnity claims, management and shareholder disputes, and restrictive covenants. Mr. Cook’s experience in the courtroom and the boardroom makes him a trusted legal advisor.
Before going to law school, Mr. Cook graduated from the Culverhouse School of Commerce and Business Administration with a business degree with a concentration in international marketing. After graduation, he worked in the transportation and logistics industry for a freight forwarding company primarily exporting to South America and Asia. Later, he worked for a shipping line in Jacksonville.
Mr. Cook graduated from the University of Florida School of Law with high honors and is a member of the order of the coif.
Mr. Cook is very active in community and professional associations. He previously chaired the Rules of Civil Procedure Committee and is currently a member of the Rules of Judicial Administration Committee. He is a past-president of the Jacksonville Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and represented the Fourth Judicial Circuit on The Florida Bar Board of Governors YLD for six years. He also has been recognized by numerous independent and peer review legal services, such as Best Lawyers in America (Business Litigation and Commercial Litigation), Florida Legal Elite, and Super Lawyers, and he is AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Alabama, B.S., Culverhouse School of Commerce and Business Administration
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. with high honors and Order of the Coif
Bar Association Memberships:
- The Florida Bar
- St. Johns County Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Awards and Distinctions
- Jacksonville Business Journal’s Ultimate Attorney – Corporate Law & Litigation, 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® (Commercial Litigation), 2016-2019
- AV Rating®, Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend Magazine “Legal Elite” (Commercial Litigation and Business Law)
- Florida Super Lawyers® (Business Litigation)
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Rules of Judicial Administration Committee (2018-2019)
- The Florida Bar Civil Rules Committee (2014-2015 Chair)
- Leadership Jacksonville (Class of 2009)
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Beaches Episcopal School Board of Trustees
- The Florida Bar Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Division (2004–2010)
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section, Member, 2002–2008; Past President (2007)
- The Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Barrister
- Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow
- Mentor Program Committee for Fourth Judicial Circuit and Jacksonville Bar Associations (past chair)
Based in Jacksonville, Florida the attorneys at Orr | Cook draw upon over 100 years of combined legal experience to serve clients throughout Florida and across the country.