Kim Bouchard-Chaimowiz focuses her practice on labor and employment law. She has experience representing employers in both state and federal court and in front of various government agencies, including the EEOC, NLRB, and Florida Commission on Human Relations. Her litigation experience includes a variety of employment claims, including ADEA, Title VII, ADA, FLSA, and restrictive covenants. Ms. Bouchard also has experience in commercial litigation matters, such as breach of contract.
In addition to litigating, Ms. Bouchard advises employers on employment law compliance, employee discipline, employment policies and procedures, wage and hour issues, and reductions in force. She has experience negotiating severance agreements, engaging in corporate and HR training, and drafting and reviewing employment agreements, non-competes, arbitration agreements, and employee handbooks.
During law school, Ms. Bouchard served as a judicial intern to the Honorable James M. Hopkins, United States Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of Florida. She also served as a court-appointed Guardian ad litem for Florida’s Eighth Judicial Circuit.
- Brandeis University, B.A. magna cum laude
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. cum laude
Bar Association Memberships:
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- All Florida State Courts
- S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Awards and Distinctions
- Executive Articles Editor, Florida Law Review
- Outstanding Executive Editor Award, Florida Law Review
- University of Florida College of Law, Pro Bono Honors
- Book Awards in Legal Drafting and Law Review
- Outstanding Tutor Award, Florida Law Review
- Order of the Coif
Professional & Community Involvement
- Leadership Jacksonville Next Generation, Class of 2018
- Guardian ad litem of the Eighth Judicial Circuit, Guardian ad litem (2013- 2016)
- Guardian ad litem Foundation of Florida’s First Coast, Inc., No Place Like Home Event Planning Committee
- Guardian ad litem Foundation of Florida’s First Coast, Inc., Young Professionals Event Planning Committee
- Brandeis University Alumni Admissions Committee
Based in Jacksonville, Florida the attorneys at Orr | Cook draw upon over 100 years of combined legal experience to serve clients throughout Florida and across the country.