René Fix’s practice includes all areas of labor and employment law. He has experience, including first chair jury trial experience, representing employers in claims brought under a variety of federal and state laws, including Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, Title IX, FLSA, Florida Civil Rights Act, and ERISA. Mr. Fix also has extensive experience litigating non-compete agreements and trade secret misappropriation cases. In addition, he has represented businesses in labor arbitrations and before federal and state agencies, such as the EEOC, Florida Commission on Human Relations, and NLRB.
Mr. Fix’s substantial employment litigation experience makes him a trusted advisor for employers. He regularly counsels clients on a broad range of employment matters, including discipline and discharge, employment policies, investigations of misconduct, wage and hour issues, union activities, and protecting confidential business information. Mr. Fix also drafts and reviews employment agreements, non-compete agreements, and other business contracts.
In addition to his labor and employment experience, Mr. Fix has experience in commercial litigation matters in state and federal court, including breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, fraud, defamation, and deceptive and unfair consumer practices.
Mr. Fix has been recognized by various independent and peer review legal sources, such as Florida Super Lawyers®. He has given numerous lectures on various employment issues to HR professionals and managers.
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, B.S.
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D. cum laude
Bar Association Memberships:
- The Florida Bar
- Ohio State Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- All Florida State Courts
- S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
Awards and Distinctions
- AV Rating®, Martindale-Hubbell
- Articles Editor, University of Toledo Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Recipient, Burton A. Maddock Memorial Scholarship
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Practice
- Florida Super Lawyers® (Employment & Labor), 2017-2018
Based in Jacksonville, Florida the attorneys at Orr | Cook draw upon over 100 years of combined legal experience to serve clients throughout Florida and across the country.